with EIF founder and CEO Darren Tebbenham, BSc, MSc
WE OFFER SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT
Read about the whats and the whys here...
Thanks for taking the time to check-in with me here.
It's great that you're looking into becoming an elite fitness professional - the world really needs them!
I hope that you will find some valuable information here about what it takes to 'be more' and some precious insights into the industry.
Below is a collection of thoughts, articles, blogs, FAQs in all shapes and sizes.
Yes, we do offer something very different here - as a fitness provider, we don't really fit in - and with good reason. We don't train thousands of people to train to REPs guidelines... we teach a small amount of people to excel and stand out as successful personal trainers. Below, you can read all about my thoughts about the state of the industry as well as how and why you need to push yourself. After all, in order to get more, you need to 'be more'.
10 POINTS OF DIFFERENCE
Here’s 10 reasons to avoid becoming an ORDINARY personal trainer –
1. You will qualify with the exact same qualifications as every other personal trainer
2. You only get very limited practical experience during your training
3. You will NOT gain any experience with real paying members of the public
4. You will study with other students not like you, lacking any clear ambition choosing fitness for something to do attracted to the zero percent finance offer rather than the career itself
5. There will likely be no business focus at all
6. You will be trained by any one of hundreds of registered tutors to be taught your new discipline
7. You will be just another sausage thrown out of a sausage making machine (and one of 10,000+ a year at that)
8. You will not have the coach training to have confidence you can positively affect clients' behaviours when you are not around
9. You will commute daily or periodically but without the ability to truly and exclusively focus on just getting qualified and therefore achieving excellence
10. You’re chance of success if based on typical industry dropout rates (80-90% within 6 months) will not be good
Here’s 10 reasons to choose us -
1. You will graduate with a completely different and novel set of qualifications and skills to match
2. You will learn faster because of our commitment to practical-based training
3. You will experience our unique PT clinic offering many hours of real life PT experience with paying members of public before you graduate
4. You will be studying with like-minded people bringing out the best in one another
5. You will experience loads of business training during and after your course to ensure lasting career success
6. You will learn from industry-leading experts
7. You will graduate one of only a limited number of EIF Master Trainers and get personal support to maximise your chance of success afterwards
8. You will develop into a coach not just trainer and learn how to positively influences behaviour when you are not around
9. You will eat, sleep and breathe Personal Training by immersing yourself in the experience of getting qualified
10. You can take confidence knowing that our graduates make it as personal trainers turning the industry 80-90% dropout rate on its head
For many members of the public, no amount of fitness programming or healthy eating plans will fix their problems. You see for many thousands of people around the world the problem isn’t one of a lack of a robust-enough fitness programme or diet to follow but is following anything long enough to experience results.
It is helping clients' finding the inner resolve to avoid old behaviours and those temptations and patterns of behaviour associated with the comfort eating and drinking for example that are important.
So what implications does this have for you?
Well, the role of a modern-day personal trainer is far from just being able to write another fitness programme or the next best eating regime, that’s for sure. Instead, we need to show up as personal trainers and lifestyle coaches of the highest calibre properly trained to tackle the obesity and diabetes problems that are almost epidemic in the modern world today.
And this I hope I can excite you to do.
PS back to Personal Trainer Qualifications
We are committed to helping the small amount of trainers we teach, make a big impact in the lives of others.
We make training with EIF an experience.
© Copyright European Institute of Fitness 2015 | Bryn Tanat Hall, Llansantffraid, Powys SY22 6BA
Tel: 0845 0944 007 • Careers Office 01743 770 600 | Terms/Privacy